Thursday, March 6, 2008

More Works in Progress

I have assembled a list of the most active works in progress in my knitting and other categories.

First, I have finished the Love From Wooly pieces.

Here is Kit the Kitten wearing her mittens. She has a friend named Tom Kitten, but he didn't come to visit.

Here is Finlay the Fox. He is wearing socks. The photo doesn't do Finlay justice. He really is a total fox.

I also am working on my Jess Sweater. The Prime Alpaca is a dream to knit with. I have the back and one front finished. The first sleeve is about a 5th of the way complete and I cast on the second front.

The Jess Sweater has to take a back seat to the custom project I am knitting.

I have a client who's favorite sweater was losing shape and so she asked me to duplicate it. I have the back and some of the front finished.


The last item on the list today is a project that I began about 2 months ago to help the kids with their fine motor skills. My first idea was to sew buttons and laces and zippers and snaps to one big pillow. I rethunk that idea when I saw someone out here in the internet using pieces of clothing. My new plan is to make individual pillows and label them each with needle felting. I have to think up how to do the lacing one. I haven't started that one yet, but I have some ideas bouncing around.

I will now pledge to finish these projects by the summer. That will be perfect because I will feel more like sewing then anyway.

I hope that Thursday is treating you all well,

Shout out to my mom. Happy to see, or hear, you at home!

Bye,

Jess

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess! I recently found your blog. You're such a talented lady!! I really like your photo series from the 5th lamp.

    I had an idea about your laces problem. These pillows you are making are similar to the learning tools used in Montessori classes. If I remember the shoe lace board properly they used grommets (sp?) along 2 pieces of cloth that you could then use a regular shoe lace to lace up.

    You may be able to do a google search on Montessori tools to see what they look like.

    Hope to keep in touch with you! I still check the email address you have for me. =)

    ReplyDelete