Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Late Night



There is a little triangle of a public park near my work at the Yarnery.
I took the Hug-a-Bugs there this week and they had a great time pretending that this little shelter was a castle.
The lower picture is the Elder Hug-a-Bug as Rapunzel.
She's letting down her hair.
The younger Hug-a-Bug then ran around to the other side of the 'tower' and said "I am going to rescue you princess!"
It was pretty super duper.

My Hubby is out of town for a couple of days, and I had to work last night, so the Hug-a-Bugs spent the night with my parents.

For a moment I entertained the idea of going to the Sex and the City movie after work, but it didn't start until 9:55, and that is just too close to my bedtime.

Instead I decided to come home and get my Firth on.

I had a difficult decision to make; Love Actually, Pride & Prejudice or Bridget Jones' Diary.

I realized that I would never be able to make it to the end of P & P, and Love Actually didn't feature Colin Firth prominently enough.

Bridget Jones it was.

Good Decision.

I was able to make a little headway on the Jess sweater as well.

I am just finishing up the collar and I can pick out buttons today or tomorrow!

It is in serious need of a block, but I am happy with it overall.
I decided to go with a regular button band and collar instead of the long tie at the collar that the pattern calls for. I couldn't see myself keeping the sweater tied and I think it would have looked silly untied.


I leave for Germany for 12 days in about 2 weeks, so I am trying to figure out what to bring along with me, clothing-wise.

I have to bring a couple of sweaters, of course, for plane rides and concerts in cold churches.

I have a couple of sun dresses in the queue of sewing projects, along with some loose pants.

My hope is that by mentioning it here I will feel the need to get something accomplished.

Let's see how much sewing I can get done before I leave...


Wishing you a fun and frolicksome Wednesday,

Jess

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you Happy Sewing Energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic trip!!! tmkr is there right now so you can consult with her about clothing choices...

    ReplyDelete