Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School part 4

Even though it looks like I am spending all my creative energy on supplying the Elder Hug-a-Bug with school stuff, I did manage to make the Younger a new backpack for school.
His old backpack is gone.
I left it at the park after school one day and it got moved to the lost and found.
From there it was either thrown out or someone took it home.
I hope that it is the latter, though I don't know why anyone would take home a backpack with someone's name and phone number in it along with a change of clothes for a 3-year-old boy.

It's probably for the best, as the flannel it was made of was starting to pill anyway.

So, here is his new backpack-I used the same pattern as before, Butterick 5054. and it is a super quick and easy one.
The pattern is for a young adult sized backpack, but what looks cute and kicky on a young adult is the perfect scale for a really, really young adult.

4 comments:

  1. Well, it doesn't LOOK quick and easy. It looks like you spend a great deal of care on the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really isn't too difficult.
    The directions are really well written and pretty ingenious where the pocket construction comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! It looks difficult, but I trust ya when you say it's not. :)
    Were the photos taken at Treadle, per chance? Love that store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That backpack is awesome. I'm thinking I could probably use something like that for work. I'd even go for the dinosaur fabric. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete