Sunday, February 27, 2011

Random Thoughts for a Sunday

First, can I just say how thankful I am for this supportive community? You are always so kind with your comments when I post my knitting.
It warms my heart, as corny as that sounds.

Second, the awesome charts that I used for my Wyverns sweater are from Here Be Wyverns, which I have spoken of before, and is certainly my favorite knitting pattern book.

Third, my 7-year-old has expressed an interest in watching Titanic.
I am reluctant to let her see so much death and violence at this age, though she assures me that there are children in her class who have watched it.
My first impulse is to wait until she's 9, what do you all think?


Fourth, we had our first Caritas Vocal Ensemble concert of the year this afternoon.
We raised almost $2000, including some matching funds from Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, for a kitchen remodel at a church which, through their Loaves and Fishes program, provides meals for 300 people, five days a week.

Maybe I'll see you at one of our 3 concerts coming up between March 6 and March 13th!

Lastly, I found some new blog templates and this one felt Spring-y to me.
I will confess that the river is not melting yet, as the header would indicate.
That photo is from a couple of years ago, but I thought I might encourage the ice to break up if I concentrated on it hard enough.

Have a great Oscar night!

1 comment: