Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long Weekend

I had an audition on Thursday, and I felt a little tickle in my throat. I didn't do as well as I would have liked. Friday, the tickle turned into a full-fledged Super-cold and I spent the majority of the weekend nearly passed out on the cozy chair watching movies and knitting.
Did I have to feel this way on the weekend when my husband took off extra days to spend with the family? Of course. Or when we might have finagled a babysitter and gone to the movies together? Guess so.
Oh well. I'm on the mend now, and I should be better by the end of the week if my current progress is any indicator.
On the plus side I didn't have to work, and the pace of the days was perfect. We spent a little time at the playground, I slept, we went as a family to see Kung Fu Panda 2 (much fun), the Elder and I planted veggies in the garden, I took a nap, we sat and watched the world go by, the kids played in the sprinkler, and I knitted. A lot.
As I was browsing through Ravelry the other day I saw this pattern and I just knew it would be perfect for the Thirteen Mile yarn that I had in my stash.

It will be impossible to keep up my knitting pace what with work, and parenting and volunteering at the new church community garden, but I got a monster start on this since Friday, and I have confidence that I will finish it before it's cold enough to use it.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. My boyfriend and I did long distance for four years (now we live together) while I was in college and it was terrible. We'd only have certain weekends together, and a lot of them (especially in winter) one of us would be sick, or something would happen (car trouble) that would suck up our little time together. I hope you and your husband get to spend some of that free time soon to make up for it :)

    My weekend was good, by the way. Still finalizing the job search and spending what little jobless time I have left crafting and baking.

    That is a lovely sweater. I have yet to start knitting my first sweater, but the idea of making sleeves without doing seams boggles my mind. Do you have any tips on making it easier? Or things you've learned along the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeves in the round are no problem, if you have a circular needle. A 16" will work for most sleeves, if they really pull in then you're going to need double points, but they're pretty easy to use.
    The sleeves on this one were knitted flat, however, since the designer wanted to keep tension even and the body was knitted flat.
    Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete