Friday, May 13, 2011

My Legacy

I realized this morning that the most important lesson I have been teaching my children since their birth is that it's perfectly fine to procrastinate.
This may not be the ideal legacy to pass on.
Maybe they'll see how frazzled I get when there's no more time and decide to learn by the opposite of my example.
This afternoon is the birthday of a friend of the Elder and I realized last night that we didn't have a present for her.
So, this morning the Elder and I looked through the Wee Wonderful's book and she chose a doll to make.
The Elder chose the fabric and we cut the pieces out together and worked until I had to drop her at school, I finished the rest on my own and then I'll drop "the package" off at her school before she jets off to the party.
She chose this doll,
but I didn't think we had the time to finish a yarn hairdo, so I took inspiration from this doll.

I was having a block about cutting two circles that were the same this morning, so I sorta copied the eye shape of this doll.
She came out alright, for being born at the completely last minute.

I have a feeling that the Elder's friends aren't going to want handmade dolls for much longer, so I am happy to make one if she asks me to. She actually ran the sewing machine for part of the doll today as well. I think she might be ready for some in-depth sewing time.
Maybe she can help me make the project that I planned for the Kids Clothes Week Challenge (which I have cut out but have made no further progress on.)
What's on your work table today?

2 comments: