Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Craft On and Yarn Along

Keeping Calm and Crafting On today with Nicole.
As well as Yarn-ing Along with Ginny.
Thank you all for your supportive comments last week.
I love the way it feels like hanging out, chatting with neighbors, here. 
Even if you're all around the country and the world.
I haven't finished up with the dolly's hair, I had one idea, and then I had a completely different idea, which would involve some extra work but might be more effective in the long run. Still percolating on that one...
This week I am doing a little weaving. 
We had a weaving meeting at the Yarnery the other day, and it was suggested that we need more woven models up in the store.
I jumped at the chance to bring out the loom. 
Even though I did weave a blanket for The Youngest before she was born, it's been quite some time since I used the rigid heddle loom.
 It's nice and compact, and even with a sniffly baby needing most of my time and attention, I have been making some good progress.
It looks a little wonky right now, but I'm sure it'll shake out in the blocking.
I'm still not reading anything, unless you count night-time with the kids where we're cookin' along with The Goblet of Fire.
To help out with our efforts to scale back the spending, we're no longer eating out, and so I have also been spending a lot of quality time with my favorite new-ish cookbook Time for Dinner.


What's on the scene in your crafty world today?

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty!! I love weaving, owning a loom is on my "someday, hopefully soon" list. :) I'm so excited about that cookbook but haven't gotten my copy yet...I have been loving her other book so I'm sure this will be great too. This week I'm sharing some of the knitting going on around here.
    http://whilethewaterboils.blogspot.com/2012/09/crafting-on_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colours together!
    I have a loom too, but not the space to use it... Guess I'll have to wait until the kids move out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when there are posts about weaving. There just doesn't seem enough of it going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weaving is so ingenious. The blanket you made is beautiful. What a lucky babe! :)

    ReplyDelete