Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Crafting On

So, the resident 2-year-old is growing taller (how dare she?) and, since her sister and brother are both winter babies, the hand-me-downs are all the wrong season.
So I took a few hours yesterday and today to make her some new outfits.
This one is a super simple t-shirt dress: Hand-me-down t-shirt, with a gathered skirt.
I took an image from the fabric and embroidered it on the bodice.

                  

(This one is terrible.)
On Sunday I did a shift at the world's best fabric shop (Treadle Yard Goods in Saint Paul) and was powerless against the new Burda Kids magazine. 
The next two came from the mag, and I think I may make lots more.
This one is made from fabric I had in the stash, I think I bought it for The Youngest about a year ago. Even though I did some disastrous topstitching that had to be removed, this one didn't take too long. 

I don't think I'll ever tire of trying to take photos of this sweet lady.


This romper came out a little small, because I spaced about Burda not publishing seam allowances.
So, I may have to make another one.
Joining Nicole this morning for KCCO. What's on your creative to do list today?

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little lady - love the outfits. Your toy department looks a bit like ours!!

    ReplyDelete